24 June 2014

Long Shot by Cara Bristol

Abby Delaney moves to Corbin’s Bend to work at her aunt’s antique store to recover from a painful divorce. She gets more than expected when she meets sexy, charming Harris Montgomery, a local businessman and tennis pro, a man who seems to be the exact opposite of her ex-husband. Through Harris, she discovers her submissive side when he introduces her to spanking good times, and she begins to trust herself again. But when the relationship progresses to a deeper level, she discovers Harris and her ex share more in common than she’d thought. With future happiness on the line, can she risk surrendering her heart on a long shot?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22358697-long-shot

This series has quickly become one of my favorite of the year.  I love how each author has their own style of writing, storytelling, and just overall ability to bring you into the story and keep you on the edge of your seat wanting for more.
In this part of the series, we get to read Ms. Bristol’s insights into the town. Ms. Bristol is able to bring a new fresh perspective into the world that we have already been following from the other books. I LOVED how this book is a great example of the phrase, “You can’t judge a book by its cover.” But in this case, you learn a lot about judging a person by what they do.
I really enjoyed how in this book, not only do we get to follow along as Abby discovers a hidden part of herself, but also as she learns that family will be there for you no matter what. I did enjoy the innocence that Abby had throughout the book, especially when she was working in her Aunt’s shop and learning about what was actually going on in Corbin’s Bend.
I did enjoy how Harris’s character was not one that pushed Abby to do anything she didn’t want to. He was willing to take things slow until she was comfortable with what they both wanted.
The only thing that I didn’t really enjoy about this story per say is how it was seemed a bit predictable to me personally. Don’t get me wrong, I did still enjoy the story, but I was hoping for a bit more of a spark in it.  I do have plans to read other books by this author in the future though!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3I1BSS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00L3I1BSS&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=NEWODDZ5YUU43YHJ http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/long-shot-lazyday-publishing/1119746592?ean=2940149805532 

0 comments:

Post a Comment