28 March 2014

Dirty Pleasures by Melody Snow Monroe

 [ Erotic Cowboy Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, light consensual BDSM, spanking, sex toys, HEA]
Ceci Armstrong has a secret that is eating away at her. Her actions cost a man his life, and now she must live with her cowardliness. She never would have returned to Pleasure, Montana to be with her family and lick her wounds had she known she’d be thrown into her sister Brooke’s drama involving a drug lord. Her best friend is kidnapped, and Elite Detective Services assigns two hot detectives to keep Ceci safe. Not wanting to hurt anyone again, she ices her heart to keep her distance. Too bad they stir a passion in her she can’t deny, but fears if she confides in them about what happened, they’ll hate her for sure.
Gabe Henderson and Dylan Jacobs love the sexy blonde’s strength and resilience, but they know she’s hiding something. What can they do to free her from her demons and bring her into their loving ménage world?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18658245-dirty-pleasures?ac=1

I really tried to enjoy this book. I have read others by this author in the past and enjoyed them, but with this one I really couldn’t get past Ceci’s character.
I do know that it’s not always just about the characters; it’s about the storyline as well. But in this case, I really couldn’t understand Ceci. She has two great guys who are willing to deal with her OCD tendencies, yet she keeps lying to them throughout the book.
And when she wasn’t lying to them, she was obsessing about how they were going to leave when they found out the truth. When push comes to shove and she finally tells them what her big secret was, I was really disappointed because I was hoping for something with more flair than what it was.
Trying to take the fact that I didn’t like that character out of the equation, I thought that Dylan and Gabe are very understanding men. They are the reason that I did enjoy the book as much as I did.
Overall, I think that this is just one of those books that I didn’t enjoy from this author. I do plan on reading more from her in the future, this one just wasn’t my cup of tea.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9G1HBK/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00G9G1HBK&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dirty-pleasures-pleasure-montana-10-melody-snow-monroe/1117390659?ean=9781627406048&itm=1&usri=dirty+pleasures

0 comments:

Post a Comment